Welcome to Our Journey

I hope you find your stay pleasant and peaceful. Thank you for choosing to peek into our little world.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Cleaning Spree!!

I don't know about you, but our house gets very messy, very cluttery, very fast. It is partially due to the fact that I have a 16 month old that likes to mess everything up that I clean, and partially because after a day of trying to keep up with Toby, keep up on my school work, and do all the other little day to day things I find on my To-Do list, I am just too tired to do anything once he is in bed.

When I went to bed last night, and it is the same every night, I went through my list of things that I had to do today to get my house picked up. Now, looking at it this morning before I started cleaning, I would have said "forget it, hire me a maid!!" but the reality is that we cannot afford to pay someone else to clean my house, so it is up to me.

I started cleaning after I put Toby down for his morning nap at 9:30. Starting in the kitchen, as I always do, and really wishing I had a dishwasher as I put the first set of clean dishes into the drying rack.Then I moved on to picking up the things in the living room that didn't belong, the hubby's socks, baby clothes, and junk mail to name some. After putting those things away, I moved into our room and put away the clean laundry, then seperated the stuff to be washed. Next was Toby's room, which is still messy, because of my little Tornado, but his laundry is in the wash right now.

I am taking a break to write this while I decide what I am going to have for lunch, and I will resume with cleaning the bathroom and finishing up the kitchen after Toby goes down for his afternoon nap. The living room will be done tonight after Toby is in bed, as the only things that are on the floor are his toys.

I have decided that I need to put a cleaning routine into effect! Starting today once I get the house clean fully, I will not let my house get as bad as it was this last week! I hate clutter and messes drive me crazy, and I am sure that my craziness drives my hubby crazy too, haha. So here goes nothing! Do you have a secret to keeping your house clean? I'll take any suggestions!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment