Welcome to Our Journey

I hope you find your stay pleasant and peaceful. Thank you for choosing to peek into our little world.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Toby's Journey! Part 1

I found out I was pregnant on December 23rd, 2010, while my husband, Jeff, and I were on Christmas Leave in Pennsylvania. We went back and forth for a while as to what the baby's names would be. We finally decided on Piper Rae, if it was a girl, and Toby Jacob, if it was a boy. We spent the remainder of our trip with family and friends, and finally came home on January 15th 2011. The first few months consisted of Jeff going to work, and myself in school to be a Professional Wedding Planner. It was hard because a lot of the time I just wanted to do nothing but lay on the couch with my feet up, and sleep, and I did just that, in between cleaning, Dr appointments, and studying. We found out we were having a boy in March of that year, and thus the baby was named Toby Jacob, (after a very good friend of ours), Kemp. I spent the next few months finishing school so that I wouldn't have to worry about it after the baby was born, and trying to get our little house ready for it's new occupant.

On May 12th Jeff and I went out to dinner at Applebees's. I couldn't get comfortable sitting down, and I could barely eat anything because I was in pain. We decided to get our food to go, and walked around Wal-Mart to hope that the pain would go away. It didn't, so we went home and I tried to wait so that I wouldn't have to go to the Emergency room. That didn't work, the pain just got worse. So Jeff got me in the car and took me to the base hospital. After being examined and laying around for a while, it was decided that I would be air-lifted to Loma Linda Medical Center, an hour and a half away from where I was. While I was waiting for the helicopter, Jeff went home to get some things and have our neighbor take care of our dog because we weren't sure when we would be coming home. I finally got on the helicopter, which was a very scary, and headed down to the other hospital, while Jeff was driving our car, & he still managed to get there before I did. He and my mom actually watched the helicopter land on the heli-pad outside of the Emergency Room.

I got to my room and was admitted at 2:30am on May 13th, yes I know, it was Friday the 13th, for those of my readers that are superstitious. That day I had friends and family coming and going while I was getting settled into what was to be my room for the next 7 weeks, or until Toby decided that the world was ready for his entrance. I spent the next two days wearing a baby monitor belt, and being poked and prodded, while trying to get used to my new home. Saturday night Jeff went out and got us dinner, we watched a movie, and went to bed.

And there I will leave you wonderful readers, until the next entry. Good night and happy blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment