Welcome to Our Journey

I hope you find your stay pleasant and peaceful. Thank you for choosing to peek into our little world.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This and That


As I sit here tonight trying to think of a substantial post, my mind wanders to all of the things that are sitting on and around my desk.

My "Office" is currently in my kitchen where a dining table would be. All around me are pieces of what I have done in the last 3 years. First, my Wedding Consultant file folder and binder, inside them, all of my ideas and research from attending Penn Foster two years ago. Next to those is my Scentsy Binder, which contains my forms and information about my Scentsy Team, and customers, including their purchases and likes and dislikes. Then next to that is my Blog Binder containing my notes and research for my blog. Then there are 3 different file boxes that have different papers and books. One is specifically my Scentsy box with brochures and folders. One has random important papers that I don't want to lose. And the 3rd contains my printer paper and my Household Bills portfolio. Then I have an index card file box for my Wedding Planning contacts and Business Cards. 4 bins (from the 1$ store), 2 for Scentsy related items and 2 for everything else, catch-all’s you could say. Next I have a basket that houses my current Scentsy Catalogs ready to hand out to anyone that asks, and a small flower vase that has my discontinued Mini Testers for each season. And finally where a keyboard should go, in the little pull out part of my desk, I have my current school notebook, for my classes at Ashford University. I have pens, highlighters, various colored tacks, paperclips and such in plastic containers, and 3 separate planners, each for specific things. I also have 2, 3 drawer plastic totes next to me, each housing different items specific to each drawer, and probably all need to be cleaned out.

It may all seem a little cluttered to someone who just walks into my house for the first time, but to me it is all organized and I can tell you what is in each bin or drawer if asked.


Sitting here I realize that I have done a lot, and still want to pursue each of these goals, including my current one, gaining my B.A. in Educational Studies and becoming a Teacher. How will I manage all of these things while going to school? Or once I finish school and finally start teaching? I am not sure yet, but I hope to find a way. All of the pieces of my work life are slowly coming together; it will just take extra effort and patience to balance all of these things and my family life at the same time. I know I can do it; it is just going to be difficult at first, until I get into a grove. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment