Welcome to Our Journey

I hope you find your stay pleasant and peaceful. Thank you for choosing to peek into our little world.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Finally Home!!


Having a new baby at home is sometimes a difficult adjustment, waking up in the middle of the night for feedings and diaper changes, being up every hour to make sure that he is breathing still, all you mother's of preemie babies know what I mean, sleepless nights even when he sleeps through his first one. It gets harder to keep your house clean because you want to spend all of your time holding your baby and never putting him down! And when you finally do put him down, the minute he cries you drop whatever you are doing to go to him.

These things and more are what happened to me when I first brought Toby home. But after a while, it got easier, especially when he started sleeping through the night, which was probably a couple weeks after he came home. Granted, he is now 15 months old and I still wake up in the middle of the night sometimes to check on him, I guess I'll never grow out of that.

Baby on a bus!

In October, 2011, Jeff's father passed away and we took an unexpected trip to Pennsylvania, where he is originally from. This would be the first time that Jeff's side of the family got to see Toby in person. We took a bus because at the time Toby was unable to fly, which took us 3 days. The trip out there was not too bad, Toby was very good the whole time. Once we got there it was a little over a week of visiting family and friends, and of course a funeral. Toby got to go to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time, and bowling as well. We spent time helping my mother-in-law start to get her life in some sort of order, as best as we could. I know that Toby was a good distraction for her while we were there, and I am glad that we were able to be there for her. We left shortly before Halloween, and this time it took us 4 days to get home. Once we were home, it was back to work for Jeff and back to stay at home mommy life for me.

Reading with Grandma La


Christmas in my new home!

At the beginning of December, 2011, we moved from our 1 bedroom apartment into a 3 bedroom house. It has a yard for our Blue Nose Pittbull, Lola, and Toby has his own room, though he kind of has stuff all over the place. We moved in just in time to decorate for Toby's 1st Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment